Official forms are to be used to make official requests to SGSUP graduate advising for a variety of issues. Expand each category to see the various forms available to graduate students and when to use them.

Registration and Enrollment

Course Waiver Submit to request a waiver of GCU 529, PUP 542, or PUP 576.

Enrollment Change Request Submit if you have missed the add/drop deadline to add, drop or withdraw from a course.

Petition for Interdisciplinary Elective Submit to include a non-SGSUP elective on your plan of study.

Override Request Submit if the course is full or of department consent is needed to enroll.

Request to Enroll in Omnibus Course Submit to enroll in research, reading and conference, thesis, dissertation, internship, or continuing registration.

Request for Incomplete Submit to request a grade of incomplete.

Supervisory Committee

Supervisory Committee Form Submit to initially establish your committee.

Committee Change Submit to make changes to your supervisory committee chair or members.

External Committee Member Request Submit if your committee member is not SGSUP faculty.

PhD Milestone Reporting

Research Requirement Submit to report completion of Geography/GIS PhD Research Requirement (link sends email to

Comprehensive Exam Results Submit to report completion of comprehensive exams (link sends email to

Schedule Proposal/Prospectus Defense Submit to schedule defense of proposal/prospectus.

Dissertation Proposal/Prospectus Results Submit to report completion of proposal/prospectus (link sends email to

Final Defense Information Submit to advertise final defense to SGSUP faculty, staff, and students.

MUEP Culminating Experience

Applied Project Scope Statement Template Download template to propose applied project topic. 

Applied Project Scope Statement Submit to propose applied project topic.

Applied Project Evaluation  Project supervisor must complete evaluation of final projects and submit to the MUEP Program Coordinator

Thesis Proposal Template Download template to propose thesis topic.

Thesis Proposal Submit to propose thesis topic.

Funding and Travel

SGSUP Purchasing and Reimbursement Request Form Submit if you are PhD or MUEP student seeking program funds for conference travel or research support.

Concur Travel Instructions

Graduate College Travel Awards

Graduate College Tripke Travel Grant

GPSA Travel Grants

SGSUP TA Application Submit to apply for a TA position.


Internship Plan Submit to initiate enrollment in internship