Gage Davis generously established this scholarship to expand the educational experience of urban planning students through the opportunity to travel to countries outside the United States. The inspiration for this scholarship came from his experiences traveling, working and studying architecture, design and planning in some of the world’s most well-known cities, prior to attending architecture school at the University of Colorado.
The endowment will provide travel scholarships for students enrolled in the urban planning degree programs in the School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning, in accordance with the following criteria:
- Scholarships are to be used to provide funds for U.S. citizens or permanent residents to travel outside the United States.
- Recipients shall be full-time graduate students or undergraduate students at the junior or senior level.
- Students are expected to return to ASU for a minimum of one semester prior to graduation so they may share their travel experiences with other students and faculty.
- Download the Urban Planning Scholarships and Awards application form. Complete all information applicable to this award, and save the file.
- Download your unofficial ASU transcript.
- Please submit a single PDF file containing all your application materials, including an unofficial copy of your ASU transcript, to firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) no later than 5pm on Monday, March 1. Please use the following naming convention for your application file: Award - last name, first name (ex. “Gage Davis Graduate – Smith, John”). When submitting, please copy and paste the name of your file into the subject line of your email.
Only complete applications submitted in accordance with the instructions will be considered by the awards committee. It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure their application is complete and formatted as required. And please remember - if the scholarship for which you’re applying requires a letter of support from a faculty member, please let them know as soon as possible to ensure they have time to complete it.
Awards up to $700 will be given.