Tiffany & Bosco, P.A. is seeking a full-time Junior Planner for its Phoenix office. The Junior Planner will perform zoning due diligence, zoning and entitlement application preparation, and other land use tasks for firm clients. The candidate will work with the firm’s zoning attorneys and senior planner to pursue creative site planning, design, urban planning, and land use solutions for our diverse client, as well as prepare required maps and other graphic material. The candidate will evaluate statistical data, present facts and conclusions in both written and oral form, establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public. Must understand and apply the adopted City plans, code, ordinances, and other materials in evaluating specific projects or plan elements.
This position would also require interfacing with senior management, client representatives, engineers, architects, planners, public agencies, construction, contractors, stakeholders and members of the general public.
- Strong academic record paired with the skills, enthusiasm and commitment to become an integral team member at the firm.
- Experience working as a land planner in the public or private sector or equivalent experience. Internship or real estate preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of planning, zoning and land use, comprehensive planning, and of the normal stages of property development as viewed from both the public and private sectors.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret technical written material, plans, diagrams, blueprints, specifications and grading plans.
- Experience assisting with the evaluation of rezoning, ordinance amendments, site plans, use permits, variances and other proposals.
- Ability to prepare reports, memorandums and other documentation, including client correspondence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Urban Studies, Public Policy, Geography, Environmental Studies, Real Estate Development or related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Strong writing, research and analytical skills.
To apply: Send a note of interest and resume to William E. Lally, Attorney, Tiffany & Bosco, WEL@TBLAW.COM.