Our school has hundreds of courses in Geography, Urban Planning, Meteorology, Geographic Information Science, and more. We are looking for an Instructional Design intern to help us migrate our courses into a new Learning Management System (LMS).
Benefits to the Intern
This experience includes working not only with an Instructional Designer, but also with the faculty in designing excellent learning experiences for our students. Under general direction, the intern may assist in importing and organizing course content, adding school template items, developing instructor training, and other best practices in teaching and learning.
The intern will gain direct work experience with instructional design and education technology. This experience offers potential to enhance your resume.
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting.
- Collaborates with Instructional Designer and leadership to ensure courses are migrated in timely manner
- Imports course package, and cleans up any redundant files
- Applies template elements for online learning
- Uses Blackboard and Canvas LMS to complete course migration
- Helps develop engaging, interactive and instructionally sound online course materials
- Interest in a career as an instructional designer
- Computer skills
- Communication skills
Flexible to work with student schedule, ranging from 8 hours total or an ongoing weekly time schedule. Project ends June 15th, all work should be completed before then.
Apply By Date:
Thursday, February 28, 2019