This position is open now, and will continue into the Fall. To apply, go to https://azstatejobs.azdoa.gov/ enter the Job ID 56704.
The mission of the Arizona Department of Water Resources (ADWR) is to protect, conserve, and enhance Arizona’s water supplies by confronting water management challenges in a bold, thoughtful, and innovative manner. Do you want to join our team? ADWR is seeking a Student Intern to join the Adjudications Section. .
Candidates must be enrolled in school and pursuing a degree/certificate in geographic information systems (GIS), geology or hydrology. Students must have a GPA of 2.75.
This intern position works directly under the leadership of the GIS Application Developer. This position will collect and update GIS data for our enterprise database (ESRI ArcSDE). Work typically involves contacting outside entities to request data, work with internal groups to update ADWR datasets, structure new data to match the current data schema, update metadata and create a workflow for regular data updates.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge on geodatabases, table schemas, spatial projections and ESRI software
- Familiarity with ArcGIS, spatial or tabular database management
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
- Ability to work both independently and on team assignments
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication
- Strong attention to detail